The AOD Board of Directors met December 17th (thank you to Stephanie LeBlanc at Stellar Management Solutions for hosting us!) and approved ambitious goals for 2017 for the greater Huntsville, AL area and a new program in Tuskegee, AL. These include:
Learn and Earn scholarships for Low Income Adults
- 3 scholarships at J.F. Drake State for selected associate degree and certificate programs
- 2 scholarships at J.F. Drake State for Certified Nursing Assistant training programs
- 1 scholarship for Dialysis Technician training at Calhoun Community College
- 2 scholarships for Pharmacy Technician training at Calhoun Community College
- 1 scholarship for EKG Technician training at Calhoun Community College
- 1 scholarship for Phlebotomy training at Calhoun Community College
- 4 scholarships for welding at Global Tech Institute
Career Fair on March 8, 2017
Recruit 50 or more employers to attend our annual career fair targeting jobseekers without degrees.
Imagination and Aspiration
2 scholarships for youth in low-income families to attend local summer science and technology daycamps
True Careers (Tuskegee, AL)
Provide a True Careers workshop to 200 youth and their parents/guardians. These career readiness workshops will be administered by board member Jeff Coggin who is permanently based in the Auburn, AL area.
We need your help! You can make a tax deductible donation to AOD online at http://www.aod-alabama.org/index.php/donate or mail a donation to: AOD, 6983 Wall Triana Highway Suite S, Madison, AL 35757. Thank you!